While we have a standard process, we truly go the extra mile for our senior clients. We understand how stressful and emotional a change of lifestyle such as this can be. Our senior clients often part with belongings they’ve collected over several years; belongings that hold memory and sentimental value. Our professional team of movers are sensitive to this and arrive ready to help in any way that they can. Our teams comes prepared with packing materials, just in case our senior clients or their family members haven’t finished packing. At Grace, we work closely with nursing homes, assisted living facilities and retirement homes to ensure that our senior clients have a safe, smooth and pleasant transition. Let us know how we can assist you in any of the moving steps below.
Call, email, or fill out our Contact Form. Our dedicated office manager is available Monday to Friday from 8:00am – 6pm and Saturday from 8:00am – 3pm. If you reach our voicemail, kindly leave us a message. We’re likely helping another customer and will get right back to you.
Tell Us About Your Move
We understand how much planning goes into a move. We’re here to take the stress and guesswork out of it so that you can enjoy a Graceful Transition, as we like to call it. We’ll ask you details about your move, such as:
- Where are you moving from and to?
- What’s the date of your moving day?
- What’s the size of your move? For example, are you moving from a 2 bedroom apartment, 4 bedroom house, 1,200 sq. ft. office, single studio, large estate?
- Will you be packing yourself, or will you require our packing services?
- If you’re packing up yourself, will you need packing supplies? We have just about every packing material imaginable to make your packing experience organized, efficient and, well, as fun as packing can be.
- What about storage? Will we be storing some items for you in our safe and secure storage vaults?
- Will we be moving any specialty items such as antiques, fine art, pianos, etc?
- Will you require full-coverage moving insurance? We provide free basic liability insurance, but we do recommend full-coverage for that extra peace of mind.
Choose from Our Menu of Services
Packing and Moving:
- Professionally packing all belongings
- Boxes and moving supplies available for purchase
- Wardrobes provided at no cost for local moves
- Careful moving of pre-selected household goods including fragile items such as antiques, fine art and pianos
- Providing support on the day of the move
Removal of Unwanted Items:
- Shipping or dropping off items to friends or relatives
- Disposing of trash
- Storage Options
- Consignment Options
- Estate Sale Facilitation
- Donation Options
Referrals for Professional Cleaning & Handyman Services:
- Setting up your new home
- Deep cleaning
- Unpacking and putting away
- Space planning & rearranging
- Heavy lifting
- Hanging pictures and artwork
- Installation of simple electronics and stand-alone appliances like washer, dryer, and refrigerator
- Removal of all boxes and packing materials
Schedule an In-Home or In-Office Estimate
We take your moving budget budget seriously. That’s why, in addition to asking the above questions, we conduct a thorough in-home or in-office estimate 1-2 days after your call. That same day or very next day, we will email you a “not to exceed” proposal estimate.
Book Your Move
Once you accept our proposal, we book your move on our calendar. This is an important step because once you’re on our calendar, our team is committed to your moving day, rain or shine.
We will call you 2 days before moving day to touch base. If packing service has been purchased, Grace will show up a day or two before your move to carefully and meticulously pack up your belongings. If you’ve packed yourself, please make sure all boxes are closed or stackable for your moving team.
You made it to moving day! The rest is cake. Your moving team will first ask you to sign your insurance valuation documents. You’ll have two options: 1) Free Basic Liability Insurance which covers you for $.60/lb. at no extra cost or 2) Full Coverage Liability Insurance which covers anywhere from $30,000 – $100,000 worth of damage, with a $250, $500 or $750 deductible.
Congratulations! You’re moved! We will kindly accept payment for a job well done and leave you to settle in.